R2N
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

R2N - 360 edition

3 posters

Go down

R2N - 360 edition Empty R2N - 360 edition

Post by Hobb Wed 25 May 2016 - 19:57

I'm back from the big conference in St.John's on the future of R2N and I have some important news.  After staring into the face of Twitter and Facebook we've decided to get out of the social petting aspects and focus on the crazier topics we love steam-punk boats, exploring weird music, charting the years' full moon and political rants.

The music forum will be updated weekly but all others will only be used as needed. I will probably launch another forum to post some larger essays I'll be working on over the summer. Any other suggestions are welcome.

This site was named by Reb after an actual road in Iqaluit
R2N - 360 edition Road-to-nowhere

My adventuring in Newfoundland this time was a road-trip down the 360 Highway to use a government ferry to get to the out ports of Gaultois and McCallum.

R2N - 360 edition Map360

And combining those two roads we get a 360 road to nowhere - where you aim toward nothing yet always end up back where you started. A strange paradoxical feeling that summarizes this site to me and is best captured by Peter Weller's pop zen wisdom:

R2N - 360 edition Tumblr_m5dgdsmw3r1qk5d6ao1_500
-1 geek point if you don't recognize Buckaroo Banzai, +1 geek point for reading this

Also if you accidentally arrived here looking for the Congolese 'General Hospital' slash-fic site named 'Road to Nowhere', it can be found here:
liasonroadtonowhere.yuku.com/

And if you were looking for the Rob Beckett, the British stand-up comedian with comically large teeth, he can found here:
http://www.robbeckettcomedy.com/about/
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

R2N - 360 edition Empty Re: R2N - 360 edition

Post by Monkeyboyz39 Wed 25 May 2016 - 21:09

I wanna still be able to post stuff I built in Minecraft. I spend hours upon hours on building crap that absolutely no one will see. If I can't post it here then it would feel like I wasted all that time.

But due to the fact I got a new computer (well...a used laptop from kijiji that has been as fun to use as a home castration kit ) I won't be able to post any photos of my amazing Megaman I built till I install THE WORST PROGRAM EVER!!!! Itunes.

Monkeyboyz39
Monkeyboyz39
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Wed 25 May 2016 - 23:41

The bumper sticker has been scanned and is now the logo for R2N.

And here is a panoramic shot I took of Iqaluit from the docks looking back towards the city over a frozen ocean.

R2N - 360 edition Iqalui11

And here is a pano pic of just the frozen ocean from Iqaluit docks. The light below the moon is a plane coming in to land.

R2N - 360 edition Frozen11

I'm perfectly ok with a category that would include minecraft stuff.
Reb
Reb
Admin

https://roadtonowhere.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Monkeyboyz39 Thu 26 May 2016 - 0:14

LOVE the new Logo and the picks from Hoth!!!! Nice!
Monkeyboyz39
Monkeyboyz39
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Thu 26 May 2016 - 13:59

Neil, you are the 3rd admin, your posts are always welcome here - especially any hand-crafted videos...

After finally seeing Facebook and Twitter in action I figured those platforms make some types of posting very easy and there is no use duplicating that here.

Break the spirit of iTunes and make it serve you. I had to tussle with my first actual iPod in Newfoundland to get some music, I gave up after a 1/2 hour and got an AM radio working instead and ended up listening to a cool volunteer-run station. 

Apple locks everything up and fills it with walls of ads. Every time a computer hangs to load an ad, my rage boils. Piracy has spoiled me.

R2N - a forum for rational slackers given to bouts of mad effort.
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Thu 26 May 2016 - 14:07

Great to see the bumper-sticker. The Inuit syllabics always looks like Zentradi to me.
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Wed 1 Jun 2016 - 17:27

Summers are always dark times for me, too easy to slip into an unpleasant limbo, so I'm refining the layout of R2N to a clear schedule: music on Mondays, media reviews on Wednesday and 'speak yr brain'-stuff on Fridays. Nice and Simple.

If anybody else has any suggestions I'd be curious to hear them.
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down