R2N
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3d printing? Anyone know anything about this?

2 posters

Go down

3d printing?  Anyone know anything about this? Empty 3d printing? Anyone know anything about this?

Post by John Grubber Mon 3 Apr 2017 - 15:59

I have an idea/design for a tile joiner/wall holder for RPG's like WH Quest, but am not sure how to make it a reality.

any help welcome.

John Grubber

Back to top Go down

3d printing?  Anyone know anything about this? Empty Re: 3d printing? Anyone know anything about this?

Post by Hobb Fri 7 Apr 2017 - 12:59

a) What sort of plans do you have? 
b) Have you looked at those 3D pens (sort of like glue-guns)?
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

3d printing?  Anyone know anything about this? Empty Re: 3d printing? Anyone know anything about this?

Post by John Grubber Fri 7 Apr 2017 - 20:35

As of right now, a sketch, with some measurements, but I am not sure what software to use and such, and rather than fumble blindly for a while, i figure i would throw it out to the ether and see what people think.

Think the base of the warhammer quest arch, with an upright clip as well to hold various door types up. (I have been drawing a pile of different door styles for different themes.

The 3D guns are neat, but ridiculously expensive- i even thought fimo or sculpey- do you think they would hold up to repeated use? can you make internal armatures to strengthen the clays?

John Grubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Fri 7 Apr 2017 - 20:52

I really like the idea of clip-on doors.

Super Sculpty is a good bet - it bakes pretty hard. The trickiest part would be the thin flange that slides under the tile. You might be able to cut that part out of a harder plastic sheet and glue them in by leaving slots for them in the design.

Even design made out of thick cardboard might be enough.

If you have any sketches or pictures post them.
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by John Grubber Fri 7 Apr 2017 - 22:10

If you are around saturday afternoon/evening or sunday, could I come by and show you some of what I have ?

John Grubber

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Sat 8 Apr 2017 - 13:42

This is the weekend of Steph's College of Psych test in Toronto - but after this I'm done teaching on-campus...
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum