R2N
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rania Khalek - Twitter

2 posters

Go down

Rania Khalek - Twitter Empty Rania Khalek - Twitter

Post by Reb Fri 16 Aug 2019 - 22:25

I recently came across Rania Khalek on twitter and so far I haven't disagreed with much she has said and in the most recently video (on Israeli arms sales), it was actually quite insightful! So I figured I'd share it here.

https://twitter.com/RaniaKhalek
Reb
Reb
Admin

https://roadtonowhere.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

Rania Khalek - Twitter Empty Re: Rania Khalek - Twitter

Post by Hobb Mon 19 Aug 2019 - 18:22

Israel is a modern settler-colony and such colonies are used as weapons labs by the imperial power that owns it.

This is one of the main things I discovered in looking at Ireland in the 1800s and Afghanistan in the 2000s: colonies are 'laboratories' for trying out new institutions and technologies of repression.  

The English created the institution called 'policing' in Ireland, the US has treated Afghanistan as a 'renewable terrorist hunting ground' for a whack of technologies (bio-metrics, surveillance blimps, mine-proof Hummers, ect....). Alfred McCoy has a similar thesis about the Philippines.

These technologies are first tried at the frontiers but then brought into the homeland.

In 2005 the chief of the Sudbury police, Ian Davidson, was raving about all the cool stuff he saw on his free trip to Israel. He was such a massive tool.  I'm going to dig up his quotes because they were so stupid.

“Top Cop in Israel”, Northern Life, March 3, 2005. wrote:A statement from the Greater Sudbury Police Service identified that officers would be meeting with the IDF – the Israeli Defence Forces. “The trip will provide … opportunities to explore Israeli police procedures, obtain information on anti-terrorism and security matters and meet with senior police and IDF and Palestinian police officials, says a statement from the Greater Sudbury Police Service”.

“Sudbury’s top cop in Israel: Ian Davidson will learn more about international terrorism”, by Laura Stradiotto, March 1, 2005, The Sudbury star. wrote:Chief Ian “Davidson said some of Israel’s law enforcement innovations could … be applied to Sudbury. New training, technical equipment and intelligence gathering will prove essential in the post-911 era.” scratch  Shocked   pig  Mad   Question  Question  Exclamation  Neutral  

(Click here for a LIST of all the Ontario Police who got a free trip to Israel in 2005)
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Wed 28 Aug 2019 - 15:02

The Real News Network wrote: Israeli surveillance techniques originally developed to control Palestinians are now being used on Indigenous land near the border to control migrants, and could be expanded to the entire nation.

What is first used on the empire's frontier, will then be used in its' heartlands....
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum