R2N
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Empty lot my ask!!

2 posters

Go down

Empty lot my ask!! Empty Empty lot my ask!!

Post by Marc Fri 20 Sep 2019 - 3:45

It's been a good while since I've done more than check out a posted song.  Upon spotting this "Marc's Mainway," I immediately wondered if it was a folder intended for my use.  Either way, I thought it time to post SOMETHING and it seemed apt to do that in here.

Since it's been a good while I've created a link to a video, for example, I'd like to kindly ask for a reminder on how it's done.  It's rather like some of the dogs I see while en route delivering mail - I forget their names if I only see them every once in a while and have to ask their owners to remind me what their name is.  (Having said that, I'll try to post a video link at the end of this post, and hope for the best!)

Speaking of dogs...I'm getting a Pug this weekend.  One business I deliver to often has their dog with them and I've come to know him over the last two years.  When I learned that they were having to let him go and didn't know who or where to, I piped up and said I'd take him.  I was told they're letting him go due to allergy issues, but since he's almost 7 years old, I'm wondering if it's more to do with an 11-month old baby in the family now.  I had been wondering if a dog would find me, so to speak, some time soon (it's been 15 years since I lost Joker).  So when this topic arose a few days back, I instantly thought that it's the right thing for me, as well as for the dog.  My only hesitation, and constant concern with having a pet, is that it be left alone for long stints at points.

I've really enjoyed revisiting the website and seeing what's being posted lately.  In looking at the recent 80's rock post by Hobb, it made me think of when this song came out:

Ric Ocasek just recently passed, but Benjamin Orr was a co-founder of The Cars, who sang several of their hits.  He passed away back in 2000.  I can't quite remember if my best friend from high school bought the album or cassette, but I do know we both enjoyed the song when it came out.  The song reminds me of staying up late on school nights and falling asleep to an album playing.  One of my favourites for falling asleep to during the 80's, was actually Melissa Etheridge's first album.

Marc

Back to top Go down

Empty lot my ask!! Empty Re: Empty lot my ask!!

Post by Hobb Fri 20 Sep 2019 - 14:42

Hey Marc, glad to read you.

As someone who is 1/4 canine, I hope your new relationship works out for both of you.  

You video link works fine. And that song is deeply mid-80s - the synth keyboards, the shadowy video, the upbeat but mellow vibe - I had to smile.

I'll update the subtitle of your forum from 'empty lot' to something else - any suggestions?
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Fri 20 Sep 2019 - 18:30

Hey Rob,

Thanks for the well wishes for Emilio and myself. I am looking forward to his arrival tomorrow morning.

As for the name instead of empty lot, I'll have to think about that. It's been a very tough week on my mid-back. I finished work earlier today and will rest for the afternoon.

Marc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Tue 24 Sep 2019 - 12:16

Emilio is an interesting Romantic (Italian/Spanish/Portuguese) name. Its oldest root is related to the English 'imitate' or 'image'. In Roman times it becomes the name 'Æmilius' meaning a 'rival' or close imitator. So be careful if Emilio asks for your SIN number...

As a family name 'Aemilia' belonged to one of the greatest Roman aristocratic families and major Roman roads, churches and the wealthiest region of Italy are named after them: the Via Aemilia, Basilica Aemilia and the Emilia region (where an Emilian dialect of Italian is spoken).

Empty lot my ask!! 375px-Emilia-Romagna_in_Italy.svg

As a first name, Emilio shows up in some strange places like

*Ed Aemilius Jarvis (1860–1940) was a Canadian financier, celebrated equestrian, and champion sailor.

or

*Sir Æmilius Irving (1823–1913) a Canadian lawyer and politician. Who kinda looks like a pug...

Empty lot my ask!! 330px-Aemilius_Irving_in_1883
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down