R2N
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early November

2 posters

Go down

Early November Empty Early November

Post by Hobb Fri 8 Nov 2019 - 15:55

So much happier not bothering with the internet. It's almost scary.
The real-world has about 1/1000 the amount of screaming white people the internet does. Maybe cities are different.
Capitalism is set up to recruit us all in fulfilling the dreams of horrible people. A bunch of horrible people want to play 'president' or 'pundit' or 'star' and we must serve our supporting roles in their dreams. Then you can flip on a screen and see their pathetic dream being fulfilled in material reality.  

In books I get to see more dreams manifested but the cost is appropriate.

Outside I get to see creation's dream manifested.
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Early November Empty Re: Early November

Post by Reb Sat 9 Nov 2019 - 11:20

I have tuned out largely for the past few weeks...I can still hear the faint screams in the distance and every so often I want to see what the screaming is about...but I agree, it has been nice being away from that.
Reb
Reb
Admin

https://roadtonowhere.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Tue 12 Nov 2019 - 16:39

I spent another 2 hours 'browsing' the internet.

There are two ways to access the internet 'data search & retrieval' mode and 'browsing'. The first is fine, the second involves substantial exposure to dehumanizing media. I 'browse' in the same manner I would expose myself to radiation, I assume I'm taking on so much toxicity for every 1/2 hour of exposure.

The 'alt-right' is still screaming. They seem to be under the impression that if they stop screaming and memeing gender and racial slurs the sun will not rise tomorrow. Don't worry boys, the American Empire will exist with or without your weird screaming.  For a group whose 'cultural jamming' rules (https://medium.com/@erin_gallagher/alt-right-culture-jamming-series-c15290287c8e) explicitly state "Don't Show Outrage", they do spend most of their time being outraged at minor things when not creating pepe memes to sway pre-teens and boomers.

The 'anti-fascist' side of twitter is still a fun place. I can tell I'm there when 1/3 of the tweets are no longer in English. And I found this gem (https://academic.oup.com/qje/article-abstract/126/3/1375/1854794) in discussion of the Bolivian coup.

The Quarterly Journal of Economics 2011 wrote:This article shows that not only were U.S.-supported coups valuable to partially nationalized multinationals, but in addition, asset traders arbitraged supposedly “top-secret” information concerning plans to overthrow foreign governments. Specifically, we estimate the effect of secret U.S., as well as allied government decisions to overthrow foreign governments on the stock prices of companies that stood to benefit from regime change.

Baby-fascists have lots more memes, but anti-fascists have the academic articles ... and reason, empathy, mercy, ect....

When I was younger I accepted the 'rad dose' from browsing without a second of thought, now I make semi-targeted excursions for information and very little else.  Even R2N is going to effected by this soon - reformatted into a information reservoir rather than an informal rant spot.... Ah, quasi-maturity....
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Tue 12 Nov 2019 - 20:54

"People in the Middle Ages questioned their norms more than modern people too" - Cord Whitaker, Wellesley College
https://blackagendaradio.podbean.com/e/black-agenda-radio-111119/

This sound radical but my internet tours point toward this too.

The screaming matches between "liberals" and "conservatives" all happen within the political and philosophical framework of Liberal Capitalism. Maybe capitalism should be meaner or friendlier (based on your psychology preference and upbringing) but few on "either side" are able to go beyond this. Even many fundamentalist religions argue in this framework. Tell the average Christian that debts owned to bank interest have no moral force and they often huff and puff, completely unaware of their own history...

Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Tue 12 Nov 2019 - 21:21

Cold night tonight. I worry about my animal associates. I don't really understand how nuthatches and chickadees survive.

I don't want to make to a strong comparison but I remember working with anti-poverty groups in Toronto and I can remember the fear in their eyes when cold warnings occurred. For some people a cold night means that less of their friends will be alive in the morning.
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 12:18

I will talk with soldiers, discuss with them, drink with them, feel hurt and outrage with them, but I will never, ever "thank them for their service." Without UN mandate their action are criminal outside our borders, even within UN it is often just more colonialism. The great wars of the past were imperial meat-grinders that led to more wars.

To 'thank' is to both implicate yourself in the crimes and to give social sanction to their actions. The gap between the rheotic and the reality of war has destroyed the psyches of too many good people. November 11th is Official Gaslighting Day to ensure a infinite supply of boys and girls for the war-machine.

My respect to soldier is my unwavering commitment to my own ethical views. You want sunshine blown up your ass, you already have a federal holiday and the corporate media. And we all know the necrotic government and necromantic media would never, ever fuck a soldier over or lie to the public, so you can blindly place your soul in their benevolent and wise hands....

But if you want to talk about the reality of violence, war and history, we can talk.

Last edited by Hobb on Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 16:43; edited 1 time in total
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 16:36

Another US coup. This time in Boliva. One of the few countries in the world with an indigenous leader. It's is morally disgusting.

Most North American are 'centrists'. They consider themselves neither 'left' nor 'right', just some vague form of 'liberal'. And in this conformity they make themselves unbearable ugly and complicit. This country is lousy in university-educated people who are incredible naive/conformist/right-wing. My experience with working-class people is often better, simple because they have less illusions because the system isn't paying them tons of money. Too bad white working-class culture is a cess-pool.

Humans are funny. They think they can hide in the crowd, or they can pull on a 'fascist' mask and be manly. History is the 800-pund gorilla in the room that crushes these falsehoods.

The Anglo-American Empire has always been a colonial imperialist project. Indigenous people across the hemisphere are still being crushed by it. A thousand PR stunts make no difference.

Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Wed 13 Nov 2019 - 16:40

The worst part of the Internet is seeing all the people still resisting.
Damn you for reminding me. Thank you for shaming me.

Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down