R2N
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yellow Peril and Red Scare

2 posters

Go down

Yellow Peril and Red Scare Empty Yellow Peril and Red Scare

Post by Reb Fri 27 Mar 2020 - 2:51

This is a really good article.

https://fair.org/home/coronavirus-alarm-blends-yellow-peril-and-red-scare/
Reb
Reb
Admin

https://roadtonowhere.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

Yellow Peril and Red Scare Empty Re: Yellow Peril and Red Scare

Post by Hobb Fri 27 Mar 2020 - 18:45

Let's call it the Orange Scare (Red + Yellow + Trump's Hair)
The Orange Scare propagandists have failed in their attempt to rebrand it the “Wuhan coronavirus” but the corporate media is such a toxic pit that Sinophobia is the norm.

FAIR are old-school, hardcore media critics. I discovered them when they did the best empirical analysis of how bad the media wanted the 2003 war [https://fair.org/extra/amplifying-officials-squelching-dissent/]
Their article on the recent Canadian/Indigenous crisis was good too: https://fair.org/home/canadian-media-advocate-continued-domination-of-indigenous-peoples/
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Mon 30 Mar 2020 - 12:36

Just spent 1/2 hour on Twitter this morning. My observations:

1) The Left is shattered into Hand-Wash Authoritarians / The Economic Stuff Matters More / Bill Gates Master-Mind / Open the Prisons. The quasi-unity of the Sanders campaign is gone.

2) Figuring out COVID statistics and strains is going to be the equivalent time-sink of doing 9/11 engineering physics or tracing the lineages of Islamic terror. There is no bottom. Have fun sorting out died "from" it and died "with" it.

3) Even the most cynical US Leftist twitters are suffering psycho-somatic symptoms... pale They know they are psycho-somatic but admit they cannot stop taking their own temperature or quell their mental chatter (and these are cynics! the average person is likely suffering worse). It is not a joke to say that "Covid Anxiety Disorder" CAD is transmitted by social media.

4) The Economic effects are the real danger now. At some point they might extend the 'quarantine' to help control control the economic chaos they've unleashed

5) Forcing through the US bailout with only a general verbal vote (no names written down!) was demanded by the Democrats.

6) NeoCons: Blame China! NeoLibs: Use police to enforce social distancing!

7) Buried underneath all this was a nasty respiratory virus that did kill many - but it killed the usual suspects with a SARS-like spread to health-care providers.

8 ) Another 9/11 parallel: "This was only the beginning! The next attack is going to be bigger and so this panic must never end!"

9) Another 9/11 parallel: Panic - or all the dead bodies are on your conscience! Always safer to Panic.

10) Another 9/11 parallel: Thankfully strong guidance from the Republican President and the NY Mayor "protected" the USA.
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Wed 1 Apr 2020 - 16:06

Yellow Peril and Red Scare EUhkDyoWAAAIuT0?format=png&name=900x900

The Canadian Alt-Right, ladies and Gentlemen.... thanks for participating!
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Sat 11 Apr 2020 - 18:03

The MEDIA propaganda -

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8188185/Britain-pursue-Beijing-courts-coronavirus-compensation-study-claims.html wrote:

China owes us £351 billion: Britain should pursue Beijing through international courts for coronavirus compensation, major study claims as 15 top top Tories urge 'reset' in UK relations with country

The trail of misinformation - How Britain's policymakers were hampered by Chinese misinformation about coronavirus throughout January…

The Think Tank 'report' that spawned the Daily Mail propaganda

https://henryjacksonsociety.org/publications/coronaviruscompensation/ wrote:Global lawsuits against China for “patent breaches” of the International Health Regulations over its handling of COVID-19 could run to at least £3.2 trillion from just the nations of the G7, according to a newly released report.

China has responded by deploying an advanced and sophisticated disinformation campaign to convince the world that it is not to blame for the crisis, and that instead the world should be grateful for all that China is doing, including a massive campaign on Twitter, where it has tens of thousands of bot accounts at its service.  

China has also pulled the wool over the eyes of the WHO.

The origins of the ThinkTank

sss wrote:The Henry Jackson Society was set up in March 2005 by a combination of the ... British and the American neo-conservatives of the imperial/fascist Committee on the Present Danger (CPD), who needed a newbase of operations and moved to London, as the American population turned bitterly against the Bush-Cheney regime in 2005.

A senior U.S. intelligence source familiar with the launching of the Henry Jackson Society described it as the fusion of the British Tory neo-conservatives with the U.S. neo-cons in both the Democratic and Republican parties, who are positioning themselves to survive in the post-Bush era.

Informed Washington sources also suggest, however, that the HJS is the relocated form of the Project for a New American Century,which went out of business in July 2006. It could be called the Project for an Anglo-American Century.

The Democratic Party side of the HJS is evidenced by the participation of

James Woolsey

, former Clinton Administration CIA Director, and leading member of the “Wolfowitz cabal” that hatched the Iraq War plan in 2001.  

The Dragons and the Snakes: How the Rest Learned to Fight the West

20th March 2020

EVENT TRANSCRIPT: The Dragons and the Snakes: How the Rest Learned to Fight the West

DR PAUL SCOTT: Good evening everybody.

Welcome one and all to the Henry Jackson Society. Thank you for joining us this evening. For those who haven’t met me before, my name is Dr Paul Scott and I work here in the Centre on Radicalisation and Terrorism and I will be chairing the event this evening.

So the title of the book, The Dragons and the Snakes, comes from James Woolsey, who was President Clinton’s first CIA director. And in February of 1993, about 14 months after the end of the Cold War, he was giving his confirmation hearing testimony to become the CIA director and John Carrey, who was on the Intelligence Committee at the time, said to him: “look it’s the end of the Cold War, we just defeated the Iraqis in the 1991 Gulf War, what do you think is going to be the threat environment that the US needs to deal with in the future?” And Woolsey said, “We slayed a large dragon, talking about the Soviet Union, but now we find ourselves in a jungle, filled with a broad variety of poisonous snakes and in many ways the dragon was easier to keep track of.” And he goes on to lay out a vision of the post-Cold War threat environment, which is extraordinarily impressive and you can see it online and download his testimony. He talks about weak states, failing states and non-state actors as the principal threat. And he talks about terrorism, narcotic smuggling, the need for peace keeping, break up of former Soviet States, a whole litany that we all dealt with in the 1990’s.

I don’t know if anyone knows John( geek ) Woolsey, he is not a hugely modest chap. I met with him in his club once when I was in Washington when I was beginning to write the book and I asked him “So, is it okay when I name an entire era of global national security history after you?” and he said “Well, yes it is”. So I use the term with permission but essentially I’m suggesting that from 1993 when he gave his testimony and until 2003 we, in the West, focused on snakes, the non-state and weak state threads.
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum