R2N
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tiny Desk Rides Again...

3 posters

Go down

Tiny Desk Rides Again... Empty Tiny Desk Rides Again...

Post by Marc Sat 2 May 2020 - 2:52

The sounds of spring and summer were looming large in the neighbourhood tonight.  But these two and their guitars seem to be what I need most right now.

Marc

Back to top Go down

Tiny Desk Rides Again... Empty Re: Tiny Desk Rides Again...

Post by Reb Sat 2 May 2020 - 11:40

That was great! I didn't catch the lyrics as I was just listening to the music but it was a great way to start the day.
Reb
Reb
Admin

https://roadtonowhere.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Sat 2 May 2020 - 13:37

Glad you enjoyed it!  I like how they finished off with a Neil Young song too.  A couple of weeks ago, they popped up on youtube.  Then last night this video came up when another musician mentioned them and I looked them up.  It's got what appears to me, to be some difficult harmonies (maybe it's the key of the song that's different), but I find it's a haunting and captivating song that reminds me a little of Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

Marc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Sat 2 May 2020 - 13:46

I ran into this last night because people on Twitter were discussing the lyrics. It was released a few weeks ago.
I'm not a big Dylan fan (and I didn't really listen to the lyrics) but it was 16 minutes of somber, softly building music that I enjoyed.

Here is Neil Young on the song:
Tiny Desk Rides Again... EUb-l6ZXsAEYGX9?format=jpg&name=large
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Sat 2 May 2020 - 14:15

I can see why you got hooked in.  17 minutes in the key of C, with heart-wrenching strings and powerful piano.  I wonder what possessed Dylan to mention so many pieces of music.  Did he pick his favourite songs and artists, then find what rhymed, or did he mention someone he loved and threw in someone who happened to rhyme?  Dylan has a voice (certainly his later years) that lends itself to melancholy, I believe.  Maybe it's because I fell in love with songs like Not Dark Yet. This, despite his voice sounding downright cartoonish at points.

Marc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Sun 3 May 2020 - 0:07

Since we'll probably never do a proper Dylan thread...and its Saturday night....

Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum