R2N
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Top 2000 a gogo/Jean Michel Jarre

2 posters

Go down

Top 2000 a gogo/Jean Michel Jarre Empty Top 2000 a gogo/Jean Michel Jarre

Post by Marc Mon 15 Jun 2020 - 3:07

There are at least a couple of Lockerby Taxi drivers with whom I talk music.  Just last week, one of them mentioned the story behind a song and I asked how it was he heard it.  Top 2000 a gogo, he told me...so upon looking up Top 2000 a gogo, I stumbled upon this:

Marc

Back to top Go down

Top 2000 a gogo/Jean Michel Jarre Empty Re: Top 2000 a gogo/Jean Michel Jarre

Post by Hobb Fri 19 Jun 2020 - 1:10

Oxygene 4 is a personal favorite of Stephs and I'm a Jarre-head...

*great to see the old synths with joysticks and patch pads.
*accidental knocks and white noise to cover poor quality tapes
*bridge between experimental Euro-techno and USA rock&roll pop
*"not just notes but music related to sounds" Timber
*electronic can be tactile and emotional

Thanks Top 2000 a gogo!
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Fri 19 Jun 2020 - 23:04

It's Friday let's have some fun...let's have some fun...let's have some fun...let's have some fun...

https://soundcloud.com/drleftbehind/jean-michel-jarre-oxygene

Last edited by Hobb on Fri 19 Jun 2020 - 23:24; edited 2 times in total
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Fri 19 Jun 2020 - 23:05

1) "Remix" - It sounds like Hot Butter's Popcorn! Is this the hidden secret of this song?!? :)  But it misses the sweet melancholy No

2) "Deep Space 150BPM & Rising" - NASA samples and blippin' beats - meh...

3) "Remix" - more thudding than the original, descent but not enough to carve out anything new or worthy

4) "Trance Remix" - 10 minutes and same thud as last song - they miss the eternalness of the original ... you are sailing in a some UFO across an alien landscape or blasted waste. This is dull.

5) "remix" - Closer to pure techno but I don't care. I aint watching DragonBallZ.

6) "Astral projection" - This one at least has its own 'heavier', almost grungy, feel. Is that police sirens? This one has a vision behind it but it's not mine - and its 8 minutes. Still at the 5 minute mark they try, they chop and cut and drive the beat, and I appreciate that. This one is going to go the whole 8 minutes. Nice.  

7)  "ANDROMEDA 4" - yeah,,,,,,it has taken a bit but we arrived at modern mixes. the early stuff sounded 90s, it 'thudded', this is smooth. we'll see where 'smooth' get us...........close but still too busy to hit the same emotional planes as the original

8 ) "madis"  - I left this for last because I've already grown to love it. Laughing Warm up the UFO, it's a pull-start and needs some priming but it still takes me where Peter Schillings' "Major Tom" took me when I was a child. A million miles above this planet and its hurting inhabitants, and its only from that distance that you can appreciate how hurting we are.
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Fri 19 Jun 2020 - 23:36

cyclops alien But no one does the futurescape in my soul like 1976 alien cyclops

7:30 and the sun won't set into the roiling western haze for hours..................
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down