R2N
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CBC's This is My Music

2 posters

Go down

CBC's This is My Music Empty CBC's This is My Music

Post by Marc Mon 15 Jun 2020 - 3:45

Saturday morning featured a soprano voice teacher from U of T named Wendy Nielsen.   It was two hours of mostly operatic singers, but she included some Canadian singers and popular singers like Frank Sinatra (singing in Italian) and Barbara Streisand (singing in French).  Robert Goulet I'd heard of and seen on TV years ago, and he was one of the featured Canadians (born in Massachusetts but of French-Canadian background and his formative years were spent in Alberta).  Anyway...thought I'd post a few she played.

Super-high notes near/at the end!

Wendy herself did a version of Beatles - Ticket to Ride (which she played), but I couldn't find it on youtube.

Marc

Back to top Go down

CBC's This is My Music Empty Re: CBC's This is My Music

Post by Hobb Wed 17 Jun 2020 - 16:55

I've always had fondness for Goulet since his appearance on The Simpsons. He seemed like a good sport: "Vera said that!?"

It was fun to hear Hofmann go though Rising Sun with a German accent. I once had 20 'rising sun' covers I would listen to this guy has the most English, most enunciated way of saying New Orleans, he's like "new or-lee-annes" whereas most Americas are closer to norr-lens

The figaro opera-rap got everyone here smiling.. The music is completely different but the Classical+Black imagery reminded me of a great soul album I discovered this week:
Lamont Dozier - Black Bach

Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Thu 18 Jun 2020 - 14:30

Super-high notes near/at the end! wrote:

Are those videos meant to be examples of sopranos?
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Fri 19 Jun 2020 - 0:58

Enjoyed a bit of that soul music, but the head's hurtin' tonight - maybe the heat...

The few songs I put up were not really meant to feature sopranos but give a small range of what Wendy Nielsen played that morning. The high notes at the end I mentioned, were meant solely for Hoffmann. He twice gets up really high with his voice at the end of House of the Rising Sun, but otherwise hardly gives the impression that he is a tenor. I would have believed he was a baritone at first!

Marc

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Fri 19 Jun 2020 - 1:01

I also enjoyed Goulet's appearance on Simpson's. Thanks for posting!

Marc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down