R2N
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I see my name in the little bar at the bottom of the screen...

3 posters

Go down

I see my name in the little bar at the bottom of the screen... Empty I see my name in the little bar at the bottom of the screen...

Post by Hobb Fri 10 Jul 2020 - 22:03

Tentative Plans:

Friday 17th - Road Trip to Misery Bay

Friday 24th - Games
Sat 25th - Music Night

Last edited by Hobb on Thu 16 Jul 2020 - 18:30; edited 3 times in total
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

I see my name in the little bar at the bottom of the screen... Empty Re: I see my name in the little bar at the bottom of the screen...

Post by Hobb Thu 16 Jul 2020 - 12:59

The Day Today wrote:"Sleeps with the Fishes could not be a more perfect dark ambient, experimental album. It's essential listening for fans of 4AD, ambient music, minimalism, experimental electronic music, and morose themes alike. This album is an overlooked masterpiece.

Sleeps with the Fishes is adept at taking what should be morose music and converts it into something resplendent. And it maintains that sad, beautiful sensation throughout its length. Not too many albums have such a perfectly-realized mood and atmosphere, one that draws you into its haunting world and stays with you long after the last song ends. But Sleeps with the Fishes is just such an album.

And though some of its content delves into the goth and ambient genres, it easily avoids the former's self-indulgent melodramatics and the latter's vacuousness.

I'm not sure if I'm up to "converting morose to resplendent" but I'd be very happy if "delved into the goth and ambient genres, avoided the former's self-indulgent melodramatics and the latter's vacuousness" was a judgement passed on my life.
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

I see my name in the little bar at the bottom of the screen... Empty Re: I see my name in the little bar at the bottom of the screen...

Post by darkmike Thu 16 Jul 2020 - 18:15

Okay, I'll keep the dates open!
darkmike
darkmike

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Fri 17 Jul 2020 - 15:06

Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Fri 17 Jul 2020 - 22:25

The 25th sounds good to me for a music night. I would have loved Misery Bay road trip! Although I had to work today, anyway...

Marc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Sat 18 Jul 2020 - 0:58

Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Sat 18 Jul 2020 - 1:35

Always liked that song, but never knowing who it was!

Listened to whatever youtube would play of the album Sleeping with the Fishes and very much enjoyed it. Thanks for posting!

Marc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Tue 21 Jul 2020 - 13:28

Here are some song chords for song night: https://kamaji.8bit.ca/nextcloud/index.php/s/kftHrnnSG3ix9Nr
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Thu 23 Jul 2020 - 17:16

Latest Plans based on what I can gather

Friday - No games. Rather drywalling & killarney.
Saturday - Cob stuff during the day. Music at night.
Sunday & Monday - Exploring some trails we found around Penage. ???

Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum