R2N
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rainbow - Talk Talk

2 posters

Go down

The Rainbow - Talk Talk Empty The Rainbow - Talk Talk

Post by Marc Tue 21 Jul 2020 - 0:19

After being recently blessed with the Talk Talk discography, I can say I did a quick scan of the songs, but really didn't have one of the ones I didn't already know "hit" me.  Upon recently glancing through a folder a yoga teacher from 10-plus years ago gave me, I saw this song The Rainbow - Talk Talk and moved it over to my phone for checking out.  I had no idea that the same Talk Talk would have had such a song as this one.  And definitely mustn't have listened to this song on my quick run-through.

I must have listened to it half a dozen times on my phone in the last two days and I want more!!

Marc

Back to top Go down

The Rainbow - Talk Talk Empty Re: The Rainbow - Talk Talk

Post by Marc Tue 21 Jul 2020 - 0:23

The song is reminiscent of the Trinity Session of  the Cowboy Junkies' fabulous sound and recording a year earlier, in '87.

Marc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Tue 21 Jul 2020 - 13:50

I'm glad your are enjoying them. I found Talk Talk in my 'planetary caravan' music quest and there were one for of my favorite finds. There comparison - in both sound and era - to the Cowboy Junkies' Trinity is interesting.

The very first I heard by Talk Talk was actually the whole album Spirit Eden (because the first Youtube link offer the whole album) and I just listen to the album over and over, so it is weird to hear separate 'songs' for that album because the whole record flows in a way that reminded me of Keith Jarrett's improvised concert. 'The Rainbow' is just the warming-up intro, the next part is where the repressed emotions break-through, for just a moment, than softness, than another touch of emotion, occasionally a noisy moment to underline the emotion. If you have 40-minutes it is worth experiencing as a whole session.

Youtube Comment wrote:That album finished at least one marriage and caused one complete breakdown. Intense for everyone involved.

Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Tue 21 Jul 2020 - 13:51

Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content