R2N
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prelude No. 3 • Villa-Lobos • Andrés Segovia

Go down

Prelude No. 3 • Villa-Lobos • Andrés Segovia Empty Prelude No. 3 • Villa-Lobos • Andrés Segovia

Post by Hobb Fri 14 Aug 2020 - 14:58

Today's Friday so I'm enjoying some personal research on Leonard Cohen's Avalanche (which was originally a poem). On a forums someone said that this sounded like Avalanche, I don't think it does, but stumbling into b/w footage of an older guy playing Spanish Guitar in a Gothic movie-set was a nice break from everything. It's just a strange oasis a million miles away from the internet and modern life. It is hard to move from the .monkey mind. of daily living to this. Maybe shut your blinds.

Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Prelude No. 3 • Villa-Lobos • Andrés Segovia Empty Re: Prelude No. 3 • Villa-Lobos • Andrés Segovia

Post by Hobb Fri 14 Aug 2020 - 15:12

Watching this sapped my urge to 'figure out' Avalanche for now because sometimes art is better enjoyed than understood. Artist like Cohen strive to mix their metaphors, to overlap the imagery of spirituality, desire and self-exposure into an unravellable knot - a knot that both stirs the listeners by not being easily understood and hides the intimate self-revelations.
Growing up listening to REM and Skinny Puppy and trying to figure out their lyrics taught me the power and frustration of this method.

I'm going back to that black&white video that I know nothing about - even the Youtube info is bizarre...

The music published in this channel is exclusively dedicated to divulgation purposes and not commercial
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum