R2N
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Socializing

2 posters

Go down

Summer Socializing Empty Summer Socializing

Post by Hobb Tue 13 Jun 2017 - 16:20

The annihilating white of winter has turned to the rapacious green of summer. A creature wanders in from the outer darkness and through this seasonal jungle of rank herbage and cannibal insects to where a tin triangle and rod hang from an old post.

dinga-dinga-dinga ding-ding-ding

The summoning triangle has been rung - but can it be heard amongst the wind's white noise rustling in the tree, the squawk of jays, and miniature motors of mosquitoes?  The waxing sunlight has brewed the land and air into a sizzle of life, yet moments of absolute stillness bubble up in this brew.
Waiting for one of these pauses, the creature rings the bent metal again.

ding-ding-ding ding-dinga-ding

Have life's centrifugal forces cast all who might hear to the outer dark? Has the suffocating green swallowed them? Perhaps the triangle has grown brittle and its' notes sour or maybe the creature's limbs are too bent to strike true?  What matter - the summoning must be done.

ding-ding-ding dinga-dinga-ding

Recruiting for  the following

1) Road Trip: The Trip to the USA for Eclipse is a gamble. It would take some real cash and logistics to do and then depends on a cloudless day for just a few minutes of celestial awe. Still, celestial awe. Sudbury will get a 7 magnitude eclipse. Point Pele is about 8.5, Kentucky is the 10.
Other options include visiting Neil or aiming for nothing and see what is discovered on the way.

2) Reb's visit around my Birthday: I'd like to get a solid day of gaming in, where should I focus my efforts? Maybe pick a song or theme for a jam session. Possible cob-building crew.

3) Pirates of Chaos: Plenty of new categories and I have a multiple button format working. Just needs some enthusiasm injected to get into a final format.

4) Bookclub: Having finished a second lonely trip down The Road, I'd be interesting in reading some Sci-Fi, possibly some trans-humanism.

5) Resistance against the New Dark Ages
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Summer Socializing Empty Re: Summer Socializing

Post by Reb Wed 14 Jun 2017 - 12:21

1.) Road Trip - It would take a lot of logistics and cash to get to the Kentucky. Point Pelee is less than a tank of gas there and back from here. Linda's birthday is on the 18th that month so she may have some ideas as well.

2.) I don't have the schedule in front on me but I know I have 4 days off that include your birthday. I will post what days it is later. I'm always up for gaming but as to where to focus efforts I'm not sure yet. Jamming for sure. One thing I'd like to try and using the guitar with different tunings which is easily done.

2.1) I may end up with 6 days off including Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday on Canada day weekend. I don't know if there is any possibility of you guys visiting down here?

3.) You should send me the newest copy. I can contribute to help get some finishing touches.

4.) Kyle may have some suggestions on trans-humanism.

5.) Always
Reb
Reb
Admin

https://roadtonowhere.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Thu 15 Jun 2017 - 14:19

2) We are thinking about coming up at the end of the month - once Stef's testing is over it will be easier to think about it.

3) I will tidy it up this weekend and send it off.

4) I have a book that lists their choices for the 100 best SF novels after 1980. Transhumanist stuff goes back to the mid-80s and seems to include the majority of the books listed - so it is a wide field to choose from. It would be nice if the novel we chose was available on-line. I would even suggest the GURPS:Transhuman book as it is great sourcebook and written by a Canadian.
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reb Mon 26 Jun 2017 - 11:02

Back to July plans. I think I may have been able to trade shifts to get the weekend of your birthday off. So the 14,15, 16, and 17th off.
Reb
Reb
Admin

https://roadtonowhere.forumotion.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down