R2N
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Liberal Media

Go down

The Liberal Media  Empty The Liberal Media

Post by Hobb Fri 31 Jul 2020 - 13:06

Saw a tweet thread that John Oliver's wife is a Iraq War vet, FOX reporter and Republican militarist ... complete with this photo of John Oliver wearing her Airborne Calavary lapel on his show. Helps explain Olvier's full-scale embrace of US coup attempts in South America.

The Liberal Media  Main-qimg-ce7303ff54f11abdfab4e5906a19f1d8

The Liberal Media  OpulentPoshEnglishpointer-mobile

Brought make memories of all Colbert's militarism: going through boot-camp (where Obama order his head-shaved), special shows for the troops: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Colbert#2009_solidarity_with_U.S._troops_in_Iraq_War

Wikipedia wrote:Stephen Colbert arrived in Baghdad, Iraq, on June 5, 2009, to film a week of shows called "Operation Iraqi Stephen: Going Commando" sponsored by the USO (United Service Organizations).[97] Colbert had a suit tailored for him in the Army Combat Uniform pattern.[98] During the first episode (which featured a cameo appearance from U.S. president Barack Obama), Colbert had his hair cropped in a military style to show his solidarity with the troops. One Army major said that "shaving of the hair is an amazing show of support" that was "very touching." USO Senior Vice President said the shows are an important diversion for the troops from their brutal occupation, "If troops spend too long thinking about what they are doing they get upset, Colbert's show helped distract from their daily reality of Iraqi hatred."

The Liberal Media  3617982162_80d011c21d_b
The Liberal Media  Cr_05077_02_v6.jpg?quality=0

The Liberal Media  Jon-stewart-uso-fe06-tease
And John Stewart's endless fawning interviews with the neo-con who brought the crimes against Iraq - including Woolsey himself

Why_conservative_pundits_love John Stewart wrote:
Why Neoconservative Pundits Love Jon Stewart
By Jacob Gershman

John Bolton, William Kristol, and many other Neo-Cons explain why 'The Daily Show' is the best place to get their views heard.
https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2009/08/why_conservative_pundits_love.html

The Liberal Media  Ds_14102_03_v6.jpg?quality=0
A happy John Bolton
The Liberal Media  Ds_11009_04_gst_v6.jpg?quality=0
>>Show summary for 1/18/2006: Jon Stewart is confident that James Woolsey is not going to kill him or anyone he knows.<<
I guess Stewart doesn'y know any Iraqis, Iranians or Syrians....
The Liberal Media  Ds_07143_06_gst_v6.jpg?quality=0
Stewart "pretending' to defending his good friend Bill "godfather of neoconservatism" Kristol,
ect.........

The Liberal Media  Hqdefault

The Daily Show is owned by Viacom (so is South Park).

The Liberal Media  Viacom__cbs_era__logo_remake_package_by_imagenydoeszeart_ddbbfgp-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMTRjNTllY2UtMzA3ZS00NDVkLThlNjItNWNlMGVlNzZmZDYwXC9kZGJiZmdwLTMwNzkzNWI4LWE1YzctNGUzYy04MTM2LWNkNmFhMTdhYTU5YS5wbmciLCJoZWlnaHQiOiI8PTEyNTAiLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9OTAwIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmltYWdlLndhdGVybWFyayJdLCJ3bWsiOnsicGF0aCI6Ilwvd21cLzE0YzU5ZWNlLTMwN2UtNDQ1ZC04ZTYyLTVjZTBlZTc2ZmQ2MFwvaW1hZ2VueWRvZXN6ZWFydC00LnBuZyIsIm9wYWNpdHkiOjk1LCJwcm9wb3J0aW9ucyI6MC40NSwiZ3Jhdml0eSI6ImNlbnRlciJ9fQ

The CEO of Viacom was Sumner Redstone.          

The Liberal Media  Sumner_redstone

Let's go back to 2006 and BushII's re-election. Here are some comment Redstone made to his fellow CEOs.

Redstone: ""I've known John Kerry a long time and he's a fine man."

Redstone is also a self-described 'liberal Democrat' and is a generous donator to the Democratic party.

Redstone: ""I don't want to denigrate Kerry, but from a Viacom standpoint, the election of a Republican administration is a better deal. Because the Republican administration has stood for many things we believe in, deregulation and so on. The Democrats are not bad people. . . . But from a Viacom standpoint, we believe the election of a Republican administration is better for our company. I look at the election from what's good for Viacom. I vote for what's good for Viacom. I vote, today, Viacom. The reason is simple: Republican values are what U.S. companies needed. "

[[All of this info comes from my 'media ethics' class]]

Last edited by Hobb on Fri 31 Jul 2020 - 13:54; edited 4 times in total
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Liberal Media  Empty Re: The Liberal Media

Post by Hobb Fri 31 Jul 2020 - 13:37

The Liberal Media  Original

This is the "liberal media"

Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hobb Fri 31 Jul 2020 - 13:56

If you want a deeper piece of the puzzle - here is a picture of a young Sumner Redstone being recruit into US Army intelligence........

The Liberal Media  E3c2219938dce4a4dcfb608c8bb3f7b4

Sumner Redstone wrote:I joined the military while still an undergraduate Harvard student. My time in the Army wasn't like your typical war movie. We labored in a set of stark, cluttered offices in a purposely nondescript complex in Arlington, Virginia, a few miles from the Pentagon, which had just been completed. The secrecy was unprecedented, rivaled only by the security that later surrounded the Manhattan Project.

To our friends and families, we had been assigned jobs in the Army Signal Corps. In fact, we were part of the "Special Branch Military Intelligence," a unit of military intelligence that only a handful of outsiders knew existed. Our own communications went only to other members of the codebreaking unit or to President Roosevelt.

Today, at age 85, I sit athwart an array of high-powered communications and entertainment companies that include Viacom, National Amusements Inc., CBS Corporation, publishing house Simon & Schuster, Paramount Pictures, DreamWorks Studios (co-founded by Steven Spielberg), MTV, and Nickelodeon. Among many others.

cyclops
cyclops
cyclops
Hobb
Hobb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down